Inquiring Minds: Where to find history about your house

Q. I live in Ramsey County. Can you recommend a good place to look for information on the history of my house?

A. A good starting place is the Ramsey County Historical Society, which has archives of historic city directories, insurance maps and building permits. The Mary Livingston Griggs and Mary Griggs Burke Research Center is in the lower level of the Landmark Center at 75 West 5th St. in downtown St. Paul. It’s open from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. You can call them at 651-222-0701 or look for more information about their collections available on their website at

- Do you have a question for the staff at the Roseville Library? You can call them at 651-628-6803 or ask your question in person at the Information Desk, Roseville Library, 2180 Hamline Ave. Library hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday.


Rate this article: 
Average: 5 (3 votes)
Article category: 
Comment Here