You are hereHome ›
North St. Paul to interview city manager finalists
North St. Paul is in the process of hiring a new city manager after long-time city manager Wally Wysopal resigned to take the city manager position in Fridley last month. Director of community development Nate Ehalt was appointed as the interim city manager after Wysopal’s departure June 8.
Five candidates were interviewed on June 29 and 30 in special city council work sessions that also functioned as informal “meet-and-greets” with department heads.
The five candidates interviewed were:
• Joel Dhein, Mora city administrator
• Nate Ehalt, North St. Paul director of community development and interim city manager
• Noah Schuchman, Minneapolis director of licensing, environmental management and animal control
• Kim Moore-Sykes, former St. Anthony Village assistant city manager
• Jason Ziemer, Maple Plain city administrator
Further discussions regarding the finalists were held July 8 and 9 between city council members and department heads. The city did not indicate how many finalists will make it to the second round of interviews.
The city expects to conduct interviews later this week. Sessions are open to the public, and dates and times will be posted on the city’s website at www.northstpaul.net.